Time Out For MOM

As a mom I never want a day off, but I sure as heck want some time out. I used to do crafts and scrapbooking, and other interesting and time consuming things. Now I'm lucky if get to eat a popsicle without sharing it.

I would never wish for time away from my son. I even hate sending him to school on weekdays because I miss him so much when he's gone. It's so hard not to pretend to believe him when he fake coughs and tells me he is too sick to go to school. While he's gone, I am so busy trying to get the housework and dinner prep done, that I don't have time to call that "me time" either.

Recently, I have started listening to audio books while I do housework and it's doing me a world of difference. I get to read, or at least have the illusion of reading. I get to do that magical thing where you are transported to fabulous far off places, like suburbs where the vampires live, or schools of witchcraft and wizardry, and once I went to a ranch where the guy I picked on in High School turned out to be my sexy hot landlord / rancher cowboy / hero (Don't worry mom, we got married first).

I usually steer away from the romance novels when it comes to audio books. I have learned that the narrators read everything. All the "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" and "oh, babies" are being moaned and groaned by the person reading you the book It's kind of disturbing. It's also a little odd because if the narrator is a woman then you have the guys doing a really strained attempt at deep guttural sex noises, but if the narrator is a man then it sounds like every guy is having sex with a tranny. A love scene in a book here or there is pretty easy to get over, but those romance novels (if they're any good) have at least one every other chapter. Also, when listening to an audio book, it's hard to skip to the good stuff like that.









Like what you just read? Like me? Prove it! Click the picture below once a day to vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs.
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs

Labels: