Sunshine Award!

After several weeks of lurking around in other people's lives i.e. reading other moms' blogs, I've learned a few things.

  1. We are all very much alike
  2. We all inspire one another
  3. Some of the bloggers seem to know each other and are part of a secret society of mom-bloggers. An inside group of which I am on the outside. How do I get in, dang it, how? How?

Well guess what, Y'all? I'm in. I have been nominated for a blogosphere award called The Sunshine Award. (Further validating my suggestion at my last job that my title officially be "Office Sunshine") This nomination comes from Mumdanity, which is more than a mom-blog, it's an honest, raw, and often humorous look at life. The first post I read there, 20 Weeks: an open letter to my pregnant friend was so open and heartfelt it kept me coming back for more. I'm really honored that this mom-blogger reads my blog, and guess what - she's Australian. How many cool points to I get for making an international web-friend?! I think it's a lot!

I could go on and on, but it's time to get started...

The Sunshine Award Rules

  1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger - Check
  2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
  4. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
  5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.)

11 Random Facts About Me

  1. I'm incapable of keeping a houseplant alive. If it's at the office it's a total success. Get it home and it's wilts-ville.
  2. I ask my husband for things I know he is going to veto - just to check to see if he is listening
  3. I said a dirty word when my pregnancy test was positive
  4. I've got a fake tooth right up front (thanks for paying for that mom and dad)
  5. I prefer to get my pedicures alone
  6. The older I get, the more afraid I am of getting hurt
  7. I'm pretty handy with a yo-yo
  8. I love burgers, hamburgers, elk burgers, buffalo burgers, sheep burgers with mint sauce - yum!
  9. My brother and I have the same birthday, 8 years apart, and I really like it that way (shout out to Crash)
  10. I love Funfetti cake
  11. I knew about the surprise party my parents threw me for my sixteenth birthday.

11 Questions for Me

Tea or coffee? I'm a tea person, but not a tea snob. I enjoy a good leaf tea brewed at the perfect temperature in a ceramic pot, but I'm good with chamomile in a bag as well.

Do you dawdle or rush? I dawdle until it's time to rush. In Mississippi where I was born we have a saying, "Fixina get ready", or, slowed down "Fixin' to get ready". Literally translated it means, "getting ready to get ready". So you see, the dawdle is culturally embedded in me.

Which season do you love and why? I love Autumn. The crisp, cool air tastes like biting into a fresh apple. Plus, I look super cute in scarves, hats, and mittens. Basically anything that covers up more of me than usual.

Do you write then edit, or edit as you go? I edit as I go, I never make a final read through, and thus you will find several mistakes in my writing.

What are your three favourite foods? Burgers, hot wings, and ribs. This means that I have a lumpy butt, but also that I am an inexpensive and riotously fun date. Tailgating? Sports bar? Backyard BBQ? I'm your girl!

If you could go back in time, what is the one thing you would tell your teenage self? You're too pretty to talk like that!

Which room in your house do you spend the most time in? It's probably the living room, but it really feels like it's the kitchen. I think it's the kitchen.

If you could go anywhere in the world today, anywhere at all, where would you go? To the bottom of the Grand Canyon. On the back of a trusty mule with a cool name like ... Trusty

Are you an indoors or outdoors person? I love to be outdoors as long as nature doesn't get too close. Once while swimming in the ocean, a wave slapped me in the face with a fish. Too much nature that day.

What is the last movie you watched? Last night I turned to my husband and said, "Let's watch The Goonies" -- "Best. Wife. Ever." he replied.

If you had to save just one item from your house, what would it be? The photographs. My family lost so many in hurricane Katrina, and it seems like those are the things that I long for the most.

11 Blogger Nominees

I'm very excited about this part and I really hope that my readers will check out these blogs.

Mommyhooddom
Super Stay at Home Dad
Country Hick Homestead
P is for Prechooler
Fabulous Farm Living
Chanity
Domain of the Mad Mommy
Chronicles of a Babywise Mom
Simply Called Food
How to Ruin a Toddler's Day
Zoe Vs. the Universe

11 Questions for YOU

Tell me about the most recent time your child has embarrassed you in public.
What is your favorite family tradition?
If you had to chose to be on a reality TV show, which would it be?
What is your slow motion entrance theme song? (If there was a video of you entering a room in slow motion, what music would be in the background)
What's the ugliest thing you've ever eaten?
What is your favorite room in your house and why?
What's your favorite Bill Murray movie?
What is your hidden talent?
What is your kid's hidden talent?
What is a habit you wish you could quit?
Admit that you find it secretly satisfying when you pop a pimple (spot) and it hits the mirror.

I really look forward to knowing what everyone says, so please let me know when your answers are up!









Like what you just read? Like me? Prove it! Click the picture below once a day to vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs.
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs

Labels: