What's in a Name

The first make or break parenting decision you face after you squirt your kid into the world is what name to give the little tyke. You want to pick something normal, but not too bland. Original, but not too inventive. Preferably something that looks how it sounds.

On one hand, I take this job very seriously. On the other hand, I have a really un-getable sense of humor sometimes and unfortunately my kids are just going to have to bear the brunt of it every now and again. Here are my real life name suggestions (all shot down by Mr. Papapotamus) that didn't make the cut.

(Based on a true story Facebook post)... (First and middle name only, my last name isn't really Potamus)

Here are the girl names:

Perhaps this list of names will make us ask again if I'm a bad mom. And while we are currently keeping our officially chosen names under wraps, I can assure you that they are nice normal names. We have 2 girl names and 1 boy name that get the stamp of approval from all the Potamuses. None of them have ever been in a cartoon, video game, movie, or comic book, much to my chagrin.









Like what you just read? Like me? Prove it! Click the picture below once a day to vote for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs.
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs

Labels: